Feb 24, 2024  
2022-2023 Course Catalog 
2022-2023 Course Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Veterans and Reservists

Also see
Credit for the armed services  

Undergraduate and graduate admission

Veterans and students eligible for Veterans Affairs educational benefits must complete an application for Undergraduate  or Graduate  admission. In addition, they must contact the VA directly to apply for their education benefit at 1.888.GIBILL.1 (1.888.442.4551) or their website, www.gibill.va.gov.

The registrar’s office is a liaison between the government and students who are eligible to receive VA educational benefits. Only the VA determines if you are eligible to receive educational benefits.

As a private institution USJ falls under the National Maximum Reimbursement for Tuition and Fees. The rate for an academic year goes into effect Aug. 1. See the current National Maximum Reimbursement rate.

USJ also participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program. Only the VA determines if you are eligible for that program. For details about the program, please visit: www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/yellow_ribbon.asp.

Only USJ students who are matriculated in a degree program may use their benefit at USJ. Audited courses and courses that do not count toward your program are not eligible under the benefit.

Students receiving VA educational benefits may also receive financial aid. For more information on Financial Aid please the contact the office at 860.231.5223 or financialaid@usj.edu.

For questions please contact Justin Slater, school certifying official, in the registrar’s office, at 860.231.5505 or jslater@usj.edu