In the Management program, you will be introduced to the most current management theories, concepts and practices by a faculty committed to ethical decision-making. As a Management major, you will benefit from small classes and individualized attention. In addition, there will be a strong focus on the latest information technologies and their applications to business decision-making.
As an undergraduate student in good academic standing (B average or better), you are permitted to take two graduate business courses in your senior year which can count toward your Master of Science in Management at the University of Saint Joseph.
Career opportunities and graduate school
Management majors have gone on to successful careers in industry, government and the not-for-profit sector. Graduates have been employed by a variety of organizations, including: Webster Financial Services, The United Way, Aetna, Legrand/Wiremold Corporation, The Travelers, J.C. Penney, Connecticut Convention & Visitors Bureau, Saint Francis Hospital, TD Bank, Eversource, Hartford Steam Boiler, United Healthcare and the Connecticut Science Center.
The student will:
- Understand management principles at a level that provides preparation for an advanced business degree
- Put into practice those principles and skills acquired; these skills are often demonstrated in the internship as well as in class
- Understand the various responsibilities of modern managers: financial management, human resources, marketing, operations management, project management and more
- Understand the use and application of information technologies
- Understand the ethical and legal aspects of business and the role of management in these important areas
- Understand and be able to apply research methodologies used in management, including statistical and quantitative methods