The Master of Science in Management is oriented toward students who wish to advance their careers in business.
The program is also designed to serve working professionals who would like to enhance their skills through the completion of an advanced degree on a part-time or full-time basis.
Managers today are under constant scrutiny to justify projects and programs, to develop and use new technology, to change and transform, to behave in an ethical manner and above all, to develop sound financial and strategic approaches to markets while providing a fair and equitable wage to employees and an adequate profit for shareholders. This program culminates with a capstone course, MGMT 515 - Strategic Management, which emphasizes the skills and behaviors that enable a manager to engage in such activities as strategic planning, policy development and outcomes assessment.
The student will:
- Acquire the essential graduate management knowledge needed to succeed in today’s organizations
- Demonstrate knowledge of sound business principles and ethical dimensions
- Demonstrate knowledge of the core management responsibilities and the specifics of a chosen, focused discipline
- Admissions application and nonrefundable admission fee
- A sealed official transcript of all undergraduate work, showing a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Two letters recommending the candidate for graduate work at the University of Saint Joseph
- Program of study signed by the advisor
- Letter of intent
- An immunization record using the University of Saint Joseph Health Services form