Are you a health care or information technology professional looking for career advancement? Consider the online graduate certificate in Health Informatics at the University of Saint Joseph, the first program of its kind in Connecticut.
Health Informatics is the science of using computer science technologies, combined with mathematics and statistics, to improve the management, operation and decision-making of health services. It integrates computer science with medical and health practices. The goal of the Health Informatics program at USJ is to provide both IT and health professionals a way to advance their careers in addition to further strengthening their analytical and problem-solving abilities. This certificate offers a valuable, innovative set of skills that can enhance employees’ current positions in the health care industry, pharmaceuticals, insurance companies and public health, or allow them to pursue new career opportunities in these fields.
Courses are delivered online, allowing you to fit courses around work and home schedules and complete the program quickly.
- Recognize how technology is affecting health care and appreciate the importance of Electronic Health Records (EHR) in today’s health care environment
- Know standards and regulations governing health data and health care information systems
- Be familiar with standard EHR coding systems and be able to use the core functions of at least one sample EHR system
- Manage health information systems
- Use health care system analysis to support decision-making in system acquisition, development, maintenance and support
- Model data and construct data entity relationship
- Be skilled in database design and SQL uses
- Analyze classic computer data mining algorithms
- Understand one or more data mining tools